The Brown County Fairgrounds/Fair Park is located along the Fox River in the City of De Pere and provides a unique location for special events in the Greater Green Bay area. The property provides the areas largest mixed use space of indoor and outdoor facilities within it’s 36 acre footprint.
The Fairgrounds are approved for commercial events. Commercial events are open to the public where fees are charged or any type of fundraising or vending occurs.
A non-commercial rental can be open to the public but collects no admission fee or donation and no fundraising or vending occurs, or is a private event that is not open to the public.
Camping is allowed on the property during special events and at other times of the year.
All events are managed through the County’s Park Department. Contact us at 920-448-6242.
EVENT REQUEST PROCEDURE:
- Submit a completed Event Application 30 days prior to event
- Staff will evaluate the request and respond within 10 days
- The County will give consideration to a previous Lessee for the same dates in the following year.
- Beginning January 31 all events are first-come, first-serve for the calendar year.
- An event is not guaranteed until a signed contract and down payment are received.
- Lessee is responsible to ensure that all vendors follow these rules.
- Lessee will inform vendors that they are not to discard cooking grease on the park grounds, drains or on any grass areas.
- Vendors cleaning pots and pans must use the clean-up station. It is unlawful to use the restrooms or storm drains. Cooking grease must be professionally removed from the Fairgrounds.
- Only vendors with appropriate parking passes will be allowed to park at the Fairgrounds. Vendor vehicles need to be identified with a vendor pass with the license plate of the vehicle posted on pass.
- Each vendor will be charged a fee if using Fairground electricity.
- Lessee will inform all vendors of the “no glass bottles” policy at the Fairgrounds. Glass bottled drinks are not allowed to be sold at the Fairgrounds.
- Contact City of De Pere as they have a separate special event application process
- Disclosure of alcohol being served
- Parking fee/walk in fee may be required
- Ticket system requirement
- Lessee is responsible for set-up and clean-up of the property, including but not limited to: grounds and restroom upkeep, providing waste and recycling services, providing all cleaning and restroom supplies, portable toilet rental, tent and other supply rentals, providing staff/volunteers to manage your entire event
Many special events are required to obtain security from the Brown County Sheriff’s Department. Lessee should contact the Sheriff’s Department at (920) 448-4200 to arrange security. Lessee will be responsible for overnight security. Lessee is required to inform the Sheriff Department and Park Department who will be responsible
for overnight security.
Additional public safety requirements will be determined by the City of De Pere. These may include: fire protection, EMS, and Health Department requirements related to food and vending.
- Lessee shall provide a list of event vendors and activities thirty (30) days prior to the event
- Any electrical changes must be approved by the Park Department at least thirty (30) days prior to your event.
- No music or speaker system can be used or tested between 10 pm and 9 am. Noise ordinance waivers should be requested from the City of De Pere if needed.
- Lessee will conduct a mandatory walk-thru of the property at the conclusion of the clean up with park staff. Prior to this walk-thru the midway shall be mechanically swept
- Lessee will provide a Certificate of Insurance to the Park Office at least thirty (30) days prior to your event.
- Cancellations will only be refunded if the facility is reserved to another party.
- Brown County reserves the right to limit green space use based on weather conditions.