Brown County Parks has approximately 34 miles of marked and groomed cross-country trails within Brown County which include 9 miles at Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve, 6 miles at Neshota Park and 19 miles at the Reforestation Camp.
Trail passes are required for all persons 12 years or older. Daily Passes and Annual Passes can be purchased online and also at the trailhead (all fees support ski trail maintenance).
- Remain on marked trails. Skiing on snowmobile trails is prohibited.
- Most trails are one-way. For your safety, ski in the proper direction.
- Pets are prohibited on groomed trails.
- Trails are groomed for skiing, not walking or snowshoeing or biking. Do not walk on any part of the groomed trail surface.
- On double tracked trails, ski on the right, pass on the left.
- Skate skiing is permitted only on specifically marked and groomed trails.
- Begin skiing at the trailhead.
Unfortunately, we do not have skis for rent.
Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve - 9 miles of groomed classic trails
- Warming Shelter Available: Monday-Friday 9am-4pm / Saturday & Sunday 12-4pm
Neshota Park - 6 miles of groomed classic & skate trails
- Warming Shelter Available: Daily 8am-4pm
Reforestation Camp - 19 miles of groomed classic & skate trails. We have over 3 miles of lit trails thanks to the Bay Nordic Ski Club and the entire community who donated towards the project. Enjoy evening skiing under the lights at the Camp! The lights will turn on at sunset and off in stages between 10:15pm - 10:40pm.
- Warming Shelter Available: When trails are open
- Restrooms/Changing Rooms Available: 5am-11pm daily
- Monday-Friday 9am-4pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm (Concessions and passes available during weekend hours)