1. How can I get involved in the Brown County 4-H program?

Contact one of the Brown County 4-H Clubs or click here to email 4-H staff at the Extension Brown County office.

2. What is 4-H?

4-H is the largest, informal educational program for youth in the world. It is a community of young people across America who learn leadership, citizenship, and life skills as they work on 4-H projects and participate in a variety of educational activities in their club and county. 4-H is where there's fun in learning and learning is fun!
Community Gardens
1. How do I register for a garden plot?

Click here to fill out an interest form. We will then contact you in the spring about registering for a garden plot. We will make every effort to accomodate all requests, but many gardens have waiting lists and we cannot guarantee a plot for everyone who expresses interest.

2. What are community gardens?

Community gardens provide space for individuals to grow their own fresh produce.
1. Can I bring a plant/insect specimen in to be identified? 

Yes!  Our Horticulture Help Desk offers free consultations on lawn care advice, insect and disease diagnosis, and plant and insect identification. We also address tree and shrub problems as well as help you select the plants that are best suited to your needs and site. Soil tests and advanced diagnosis services are available for a fee.

Bring your live or digital specimen to the Horticulture Help Desk:
Extension Brown County
2019 Technology Way, Room#113
Green Bay, WI 54311
Hort Help Desk Phone: 920-391-4615
Email: horticulturehelp@browncountywi.gov (2 photos only please)

The Extension Office is open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM.  If a horticulture staff member is not available when you call or visit, messages and samples can be left with Extension reception, and a staff member will contact you.
1. How can I get nutrition education services?

To find out more about developing a nutrition education parntership with your agency, call or email Karen Early at 920-391-4614.