Brown County Public Health (BCPH) recommends that schools utilize their internal resources to secure hearing screenings for student(s) prior to requesting a screening.
- Please consult with your school nurse, school audiologist, school social worker and/or CESA audiologist prior to contacting BCPH
- If support is needed in developing an internal hearing screening program, please consult with BCPH Hearing and Vision Program staff
- Schools are responsible for obtaining passive consent from the student’s parent/guardian
- Download and complete a “Targeted Hearing Screening Request: Risk Assessment Checklist” for each student
- Email the completed "Targeted Hearing Screening Request: Risk Assessment Checklist" to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All requests will be reviewed and will receive follow up for scheduling consideration as capacity allows.
BCPH or designees will consider screening students with suspected hearing concerns outside the above indicated targeted grades on a case-by-case basis (grades 2, 3 or 4).
BCPH or designees will use an audiometer for screenings.