Brown County Register in Probate during COVID-19: In response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, please be aware that we are conducting daily operations in a virtual environment. Feel free to call our office for any questions; however, any filings or inquiries should be conducted either through mail, facsimile transmission or e-filing. Additional information on how to e-file your court documents can be obtained at https://www.wicourts.gov/ecourts/efilecircuit/index.jsp.
- Management of all probate files, wills filed for safekeeping, trusts, guardianships, conservatorships, protective placements, mental, alcohol and drug abuse commitment records;
- Providing assistance to the public and attorneys with court practices and procedures for wills, probate, guardianships, conservatorships and protective placements;
- Providing assistance to the public regarding access to open records;
- Collecting fees as required by statute;
- Annual review of all guardianship and protective placements;
- Appointment of temporary guardians;
- Conducting pretrial conferences.
The Probate Registrar handles the administration of all informal probate proceedings. The Probate Registrar advises as to the informal probate process and preparation of informal probate documents, but may not give legal advice to the personal representative.