The Department of Technology Services provides overall technology management to Brown County. Our technology team provides strategic insight to the County Executive, County Board of Supervisors, committees and departments to ensure the wise use of Brown County technological resources for initiatives and innovations.
- Key Software Applications and Systems Support to Brown County staff.
- Communications services and support through phone, email, video conferencing and instant messaging.
- Copy Center and Document Center services (including interoffice courier service).
- Computer support and maintenance of over 225 servers and 1400+ computers, including the 170+ public use (library) computers.
- Information Security for key Brown County applications and system, and security insight for all decentralized systems.
- IT Project Management for DoTS and Brown County departments.
- Utility services such as internet, fiber optic, network and wireless “WiFi” for staff and public access in most Brown County offices, libraries and the Austin Straubel Airport.
- BCCAN (Brown County Community Area Network) - a Brown County owned fiber optic cable network connecting many Brown County offices. BCCAN reduces ongoing operational costs for Brown County and other governmental and education agencies.