Tax Collection Notice
The City of Green Bay and the villages of Denmark and Howard will be collecting their own property taxes this winter. Payments in these municipalities must be made out to and delivered to that local city or village office. The Brown County Treasurer’s Office is unable to process those municipality payments. Please review your tax bill payment stubs as these will clearly indicate to which municipality and for how much the payments are to be paid.
Tax payments for everyone else in Brown County can be made in the following ways:
- In-person at the Brown County Treasurer’s Office, located in Suite 160 of the Brown County Northern Building, 305 E. Walnut Street, Downtown Green Bay, during normal business hours.
- At the drop box located on Adams Street at the side entrance of the Northern Building.
- Online at the Brown County Treasurer’s Office website: www.browncountywi.gov/propertytax
- Mailed to: Brown County Treasurer, PO Box 23600, Green Bay, WI 54305
- Make in-person payments at these local banks: North Shore Bank, Community First Credit Union, Greenleaf Wayside Bank, Associated Bank (existing customers only).The Brown County Treasurer’s Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Treasurer’s Office closes on December 24, December 25 and January 1.
- City of Green Bay – 920-448-3010
- Village of Howard – 920-434-4640
- Village of Denmark – 920-863-6400
Public Records Policy
The public records of the Brown County Treasurer's Office are available to the public during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays. It is recommened that you call ahead of time to make an appointment, as some records maintained by this office are stored at an off-site location and may need to be retrieved.
Written requests for public records should be addressed to the Brown County Treasurer at 305 E. Walnut Street Green Bay, WI 54301 or sent via email to BC_Treasurer@co.brown.wi.us.
It will be the policy of the Brown County Treasurer's Office to respond to public records requests that are not overly complex or involved within ten (10) business days.
**The Brown County Treasurer's Office may require prepayment of fees prior to the production of records if the allowable actual, necessary, and direct costs of compliance exceeds $5.00.
Black and White Photocopy Reproduction Fees - $.25 per 8 1/2" x 11" page.
Shipping and Handling Fees - actual, necessary, and direct costs of shipping and handling.
Location Fees - Records which, in the view of the Brown County Treasurer, will require equal to or more than $50.00 in total location costs (including labor) will require prepayment of such actual, necessary, and direct costs. Location costs less than $50.00 may not be charged by the authority.
A vast majority of records maintained by the Brown County Treasurer's Office are already available online, including property tax records, assessments, owner information, and tax rate information. Other records maintained pertain to property tax collection, tax foreclosures, unclaimed funds, finance records, deposit records, etc. Due to the large volume of records under the control of Brown County Treasurer, it is impractical to name each record.
This policy is issued and authorized by the Brown County Treasurer in accordance with Wisconsin's Public Records Law and Chapter 3, Section 3.18 of the Brown County Code of Ordinances entitled, "Access to Public Records." This policy shall be made available to the public, filed with the Corporation Counsel and the County Clerk, and posted in the Brown County Treasurer's Office.