The Committee shall have the duty and responsibility to:
(1) Act as the policy oversight committee for the following departments:
(2) Act as the policy oversight committee for the Affirmative Action Committee, Housing Authority and the Equal Opportunities in Housing Commission.
(3) Approve or deny all requests for transfers in accordance with Section 65.90(5)(b), Wis. Stats. and transfers from the Contingent Fund when these transfers affect the policy oversight jurisdictional areas of this committee.
(4) Review policy matters relating to banks, bonds, the collection of delinquent taxes and the acquisition and sale of tax deeded properties and to make reports to the County Board.
(5) Review the annual executive budget with regard to the areas of policy oversight assigned to this committee and make recommendations to the County Board at the annual meeting for the Board's consideration and adoption.
(6) Collect, collate and disseminate information from all standing committees during their annual budget review process, with the help of the Finance Department.
(7) Prior to November 1 of the year preceding a year in which an election for the position of county executive is to be conducted, consider and make recommendations to the full Board on a compensation package for that office.
(8) Prior to November 1 of off numbered years, consider and make recommendations to the full Board on a compensation package for the County Board Supervisors to be elected at the succeeding spring election.
(9) Consider and make recommendations to the County Board on matters relating to County finances including resolutions for fund transfers, contracts, and land acquisition and real estate transactions which are not otherwise committed to a different standing committee.
(10) Engage the services of architects or engineers for making surveys and estimates of proposed work as directed by the County Board. It is the intent of this provision that, within funds budgeted to the County Board, the Committee can order architect and/or engineer services for advice prior to the time it must authorize funding for capital improvements so that the Committee and County Board can inform itself about these proposed projects.
(ll) To act as a finance committee and exercise the following responsibilities as such:
(a) Committee of jurisdiction for any matters relating to finances, taxes, insurance, tax titles, licenses, claims, bonds and any other related items.
(b) Review the annual executive budget with regard to the areas of policy oversight assigned to this committee and make recommendations to the County Board at the annual meeting for the Board's consideration and adoption. After adoption of the annual budget, the Committee shall have authority to make budgetary alterations as permitted by Section 65.90 (5)(b), Wis. Stats., provided they do not exceed l0% of the overall budget for that department.
(c) Recommend to the County Board all requests for transfers of funds from the General Fund.
(d) Approve all insurance policies including health, dental, life, worker's compensation, fire and liability.
(e) Examine all invoices filed against the County by each department responsible to the Administration Committee and other invoices not examined by any other committee, board or commission and report to the County Board at each meeting.
(f) Examine all claims filed against the County except dog damage claims and recommend their allowance or disallowance.
(g) Shall give prior approval on all grants pursuant to Section 3.l2 of the Brown County Code.
(h) Approve all requests for transfer of monies from the Contingent Fund.
(i) Recommend to the County Board all requests for establishing petty cash funds.
|Richard Schadewald, Chair|
|Thomas Lund, Vice-Chair|
|John Vander Leest|