The Executive Committee shall consist of the Chair of each standing committee of the County Board, the Board Chair and Vice Chair. The County Board Vice Chair shall serve as committee Chair. In the event that the Committee Chair is not able to attend an Executive Committee meeting, or portion thereof, the Vice Chair of that committee shall be allowed to attend the meeting as a member of the Executive Committee and to vote accordingly until such time as the Committee Chair is able to attend. The Committee shall have the duty and responsibility to:
(1) Act as policy oversight committee for the County Internal Auditor and for any matter not herein delegated to another standing committee as determined by the Chair or Vice Chair of the County Board.
(2) Develop, review and make recommendations to the County Board on proposals for legislation and administrative rules that may have a programmatic or fiscal impact on Brown County government.
(3) Review long range and short term planning of county related capital projects at the call of the committee chair.
(4) Establish negotiating recommendations relating to policy questions of wages, hours and conditions of employment.
(5) This Committee shall have referred to it all matters not vested in any other committee, shall serve as the legislative body to work with Wisconsin Counties Association and our state and federal governments as it relates to county issues. This committee shall also serve as liaison with the County Executive to improve communication and working relationships.
(6) Review and act upon personnel actions taken by the other standing committees of the County Board and perform the following personnel policy functions:
(a) Advise the County Executive on matters concerning implementation of personnel policy.
(b) Review proposed personnel policies and amendments as developed and recommended by the Personnel Director and make recommendations to the County Board for consideration and legislative action.
(c) Review personnel actions in all county departments as reported by the Personnel Director.
(d) Approve funding and funding transfers necessary to implement this Code subsection, (6), without the necessity for Administration Committee approval.
(e) Direct that all changes in tables of organization, which are anticipated to last more than three (3) months, including layoffs or changes in class specifications, as per Administrative Policy HR-1, Departmental Reorganization, (attached), shall be reviewed and approved by the appropriate oversight committee, the Executive Committee and the County Board.
(f) Perform other related duties as assigned by the County Board.
|Patrick Moynihan, Jr|
|John Van Dyck|