Planning, Development & Transportation Committee
The Committee shall have the duty and responsibility to:
(1) Act as policy oversight committee for the following Departments:
Land Conservation Department
Register of Deeds
(2) Act as the policy oversight committee for the Land Information Office, Brown County Legal Drain Board, Board of Adjustment, Plan Commission, Bay Lakes Regional Plan Commission, the County Solid Waste Authority, the Green Bay Metropolitan Sewerage District Commission, the Condemnation Commission, Brown County Harbor Commission and the Northeastern Wisconsin Railroad Transportation Commission.
(3) Act as the Brown County Highway Committee pursuant to Section 85.015, Wis. Stats. It is hereby declared to be the policy of Brown County that the number of members of the County Highway Committee shall be no fewer than 5, and the membership shall be the same as the membership for the Planning and Development Committee, and the members shall be appointed in the same manner and for the same term as the members of the Planning and Development Committee. Vacancies on the Highway Committee shall be filled in the same manner as vacancies on the Planning and Development Committee.
(4) Act as the Land Conservation Committee in accordance with Chapter 92, Wis. Stats.
(5) Act as the Brown County Extension Education Committee in accordance with Section 59.87, Wis. Stats.
(6) Advise the County Board on all matters relating to the conservation of natural and environmental resources in Brown County; and confer and cooperate with any other agency interested in environmental quality and conservation.
(7) Report to the County Board regarding all proposed cemetery maps and plats in accordance with s. 157.07, Wis. Stats.
(8) Coordinate all policy matters relating to agriculture and soil and water use and conservation in the county, in cooperation with any interested governmental agency.
(9) Review dog claims under chapter 174, Wis. Stats., and on behalf of the County, approve, approve in part, or deny such claims according to the standards set forth in the statutes except that approved claims over the amount of $1,500 shall be brought to the full Board before payment.
(10) Review the annual executive budget with regard to the areas of policy oversight assigned to this committee and make recommendations to the County Board at the annual meeting for the Board's consideration and adoption.
(11) Approve or deny all requests for transfers in accordance with Section 65.90(5)(b), Wis. Stats., and transfers from the Contingent Fund when these transfers affect the policy oversight jurisdictional areas of this committee.
(12) Act as committee for the review of: (1) contracts with the United States government or any agency thereof, (b) contracts with the State of Wisconsin or any agency thereof.
|Norbert Dantinne, Jr.|