The Brown County Jail will no longer have in person visits. All visits will be video visits as of January 13, 2021.
Please see the instructions and rules below for video visitations.
- The duration of each visit is 20 minutes with a maximum of 2 guests in view of the visit.
- There is no charge for on-site visits. Remote/off-site visitation will be charged except for an attorney or approved professional.
- All visits are recorded and subject to electronic monitoring by the Brown County Sheriff ’s Office. The exception to this rule is attorney or approved professionals, which will not be recorded.
- No NUDITY, provocative clothing, or tight-fitting clothing will be allowed during the visit. Violators will be barred from visitation.
- Loud talking, provocative behavior or any type of disruptive behavior will not be permitted.
- Brown County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to deny, cancel or terminate a video visit prior to or during a video session are based upon visitor or resident inmate misconduct. Brown County Sheriff’s Office also reserves the right to restrict a visitor from participating in all future use of the system.
- ALL visits may be scheduled in advance by the visitor from the Securus Video Visitation Website at www.securustech.net/videovisitation.
- The registering Visitor must be at least 18 years of age and present a valid, government issued photo identification during the initial registration process. Approvals are generally made within 24 to 48 hours. Any attorney registering must provide their bar card in addition to their government issued ID.
- Once approval has been granted all visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. The exception to this rule is an attorney or approved professionals.
- Inmates are not restricted as to the number of video visits they may receive in a week.
- The Visitor and inmate are responsible for being present at the start of the scheduled visit. Visitors signing in late will only receive the balance of the remaining time for the scheduled visit. Visitor not cancelling the visit 24 hours in advance will be billed for the visit.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs; displaying items that may be considered contraband such as drugs, drug paraphernalia, weapons; or displaying gang signs, symbols, colors, etc. are subject to having the visit cancelled and barred from future visits.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present during the off-site visit.
- Do not damage or deface the visitation equipment. Doing so may result in prosecution.
- If you experience a problem with the audio or video reception during your visit, please refer to the Securus Video Visitation web site for assistance.
OFF-SITE VISITATION SCHEDULE FOR REMOTE
A VALID GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED FOR ALL VISITORS
Visitation Hours: Sunday through Saturday
7:00 am – 10:30 am
1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
ON-SITE VISITATION SCHEDULE
Main Jail or Work Release Center
Visitation Hours: Monday through Friday
8:30 am – 10:00 am
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
The Brown County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to deny, cancel or terminate a video visit prior to or during a video session based upon visitor or inmate misconduct. The Brown County Sheriff’s Office also reserves the right to restrict a visitor from participating in all future use of the system, either on-site or for remote visitation.