Front of BC Jail
Front of BC Jail
Securus Secureview Tablet
Securus Secureview Tablet
Sheriff's Office Main Banner
Sheriff's Office Main Banner

1. How do I post someone's bond?

  • Bonds can be paid at the Brown County Jail for Brown County bonds, local municipal bonds, and bonds issued by other counties
  • Bonds can be paid by cash, credit card, or cashie'rs check from a bank
  • There will be a 5% surcharge for use of credit cards
**Effective October 22, 2023 anyone wishing to post bond with a cashier’s check will have to wait for their loved one to be released until the check clears at the bank. This process could take approximately 10-15 business days from the following Tuesday, after the bond has been posted, for the check to clear. Once it has cleared at the bank, the inmate will be released

2. If I paid an inmate's bond, how do I get my money back?

  • If you are entitled to get your money back, the Clerk of Courts will issue a check to be sent to the name and address on the receipt.
1. What are commitments?

  • It is an unpaid citation that has become a form of a warrant
    • Either you pay a fine of serve a set number of days in jail
    • there is no court hearing

2. What Inmate Programming is offered to incarcerated indivduals?

Brown County Jail offers many different types of programs that eligibile inmates can participate in. 

  • Green Bay Public Schooling
  • NWTC GED classes and testing
  • NWTC English learning classes
  • NWTC Information 
  • Jail Library
  • Law Library
  • Alcoholics Anonymous
  • Narcotics Anonymous
  • Heroin Anonymous
  • Opiate and Risk Awareness 
  • Full time Chaplain 
  • Chaplain's Therapy Dog
  • Church services in English and Spanish
  • Communion
  • Confession
  • Faith-based self-help programs
  • Bible Studies in English and Spanish
Reentry into the Community
  • Employment Training 
  • Financial Literacy 
  • Life Skills
  • Parenting classes
  • Mental Health support
  • Veterans information 

3. What is an out of county hold/detainer?

  • Another state or county has a warrant for the inmate
  • If a bond is available, it can be paid.
  • If not, the issuing department will pick up the inmate for transport to their county jail.

4. What time do inmates go to court?

  • 2:30pm the day following their arrest via phone conference for county charges
  • municipal charges court dates vary depending on the agency
  • Arrests on Friday-Sunday will see the judge on Monday, excluding holidays.
  • Exceptions apply

5. What times are inmates released from the jail after their sentence is completed?

  • Inmates are released from the jail at 8 am once their sentence is served.

6. Where can I find an inmate handbook?

  • The inmate handbook can be found here or in the Forms tab. 
1. Can I contact the jail doctor about an inmate if I have questions or concerns?

Due to HIPPA Regulations, we are unable to answer medical questions and concerns over the phone. 
The inmate must sign a HIPPA Release of Information Form before any information can be given out in writing.

2. How does an inmate get medications they need?

Brown County provides a variety of health care services which include medical care, dental care, and psychological care from licensed professionals contracted to provide care within our facility. The jail staffs nursed 24 hours a day,  7 days a week. Doctor, dentist, and nurse visits are available for a nominal fee.

Prescription Medications
  • Family members and friends can drop off medications at the main jail ONLY if approved, in advance, by jail medical staff
  • All medications will only be accepted at 3030 Curry Lane
  • The jail will only accept valid, non-expired prescriptions
Other Medications and Supplements
  • Over the counter medications are not allowed to be dropped off but some are available through the commissary system. 
  • This includes any medications or supplements not prescribed by a doctor. 
Prescription Glasses and other Devices
  • Family members and friends can drop off presciption glasses at the main jail- 3030 Curry Lane.
  • CPAP and oxygen machines may also be dropped off by family members. 
1. How do I pay PPS for my outstanding debt?

  • Call: 1-800-798-2831
  • Fax: 1-877-220-4102 or (414)220-4102
  • Email

2. Who handles collections for jail billing?

  • Professional Placement Services -PPS
    • 1-800-798-2861
1. I am unable to recieve calls from inmates at BC Jail. 

  • You will need to contact the independent vendor/operator Securus for questions at (800) 844-6591.  
1. What is PREA?

PREA or the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 
28 C.F.R. PART 115, 115.54
  • Pursuant to the Prison Rape Elimination Act, it is the policy of the Brown County Jail to refer for investigation all allegations of sexual abuse or sexual harassment that involve potential criminal behavior. 
  • Such allegations shall be referred to the Brown County Sheriff's Office. 
  • It is the responsibility of the  Brown County Jail to:
    • Refer the allegation for investigation 
    • Ensure that an investigation is completed
    • Impose any administrative disciplinary action related there of 
  • It is the responsibility of the Brown County Sheriff's Office to:
    • Investigate the allegations to determine where a crime has been committed and whether the perpetrator should be referred for prosecution.
  • The Brown County Sheriff's Office has a zero-tolerance policy concerning any sexual misconduct between inmates or between staff and inmates.
  • As a friend or relative of any inmate, you have the right to report sexual misconduct and remain free of any retaliation 
Report Sexual Abuse/Harassment by doing the following procedure
  • Friends and family may report incidents by calling the Brown County Public Safety Communication Center - (920)391-7450. 
  • Ask for a shift supervisor and file a report with them. 
    • Shift Supervisors are available 24 hours a day
1. Can I send magazines/books?

Yes! If the following rules are followed:
  1. Books and magazines will ONLY be accepted through Amazon or Hamilton Books
  2. must be softcover
  3. limited to 2 magazines & 3 books in their cell due to space
  4. UK versions of magazines are not permitted
  5. Material deemed to be a threat to security, racially derogatory or inflammatory in nature will be considered contraband and seized or destroyed via policy
See additional information here

2. How do I add money to an inmate's account?

Add money using the kiosk at the main jail or work release facility or
Please see addtitional information here
Work Release
1. Can I transfer to Brown County Work Release program from a different county?

Brown County currently only considers transfers that are eligible for Home Monitoring Program (EMP)
  • All transfer requests must begin in the county you were sentenced in
  • The sentencing judge should articulate that a transfer and EMP placement is acceptable. 
  • The county in which you were sentenced must fax a Huber Transfer Request to (920)391-6802
    • A copy of the judgement of conviction must accompany the transfer request
  • You must have gainful employment and ability to pay $189 per week
  • If accepted you will be required to bring at least $595 when you report. 
    • This will pay for your booking fee, EMP set up fee, and first 2 weeks of EMP fees
  • Due to available resources, Brown County does not accept everyone who applies to transfer here
  • Residents of and/or employed in Brown County are given priority 
  • If accepted, Failure to follow rules and/or pay fees will result in the termination of your transfer
Brown County reserves the right to terminate a transfer for any reason and without notice