Cadets - Sheriff's Youth Program
The Public Safety Cadets (formerly the Explorers) is a nonprofit organization that aims to mentor, train and prepare young men and women between the ages of 14-21 for a career in Law Enforcement.
- The Brown County Sheriff's Cadet Program involves sworn Deputies training and providing instruction about all aspects of the law enforcement field.
- Training includes such topics as:
- first aid
- hostage negotiations
- crime scene investigation
- burglary in progress
- crash investigation
- domestic violence
- traffic stops
- The training gives Brown County's youth a great opportunity to decide whether a career in law enforcement may be right for them.
- The Cadets attend several competitions that are held throughout the State each year.
- The Cadets also assist sworn deputies at community events.
The Brown County Sheriff's Cadet Program is sponsored by:
If you have an interest in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Deputy Jessica Smith by email.
To see additional pictures of the Cadets, click here