What is a Sheriff Sale?
- A public auction of property repossessed in the event of an unpaid obligation, and is generally done because a mortgage lender repossessed the property and will try to sell it.
- A sheriff sale may be held for properties seized to satisfy judgement liens or tax liens
- Sheriff Sales occur every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month-at the Sheriff's Office Target Room located inside the Investigative doors
- Bidders are required to have 10% of their bid in cash, or certified check at the time of the sale. (Certified checks involving Sheriff Sales are made payable to the Brown County Clerk of Courts.)
- The balance is due at the time of the confirmation hearing.
- The court has the final say in all sales.
- Opening bids are usually made by the plaintiff or their attorney.
- Once the opening bid is made, others are welcome to bid on the properties.
- The property will be awarded to the highest bidder.
- The amount of the deposit is 10% of the bid unless otherwise identified in the terms and conditions set forth in the Notice of Foreclosure Sale.
- A receipt for the deposit will be provided to the successful bidder.
- The Brown County Circuit Court will hold a Confirmation of Sale hearing at a later date.
- Successful bidders may contact the Clerk of Courts to determine when the Confirmation of Sale hearing date is scheduled and may also check the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (CCAP)
- If the court confirms the sale, the successful bidder must pay the balance of the bid within the specified time period set forth in the terms and conditions of the Notice of Foreclosure Sale (usually 10 days) or the successful bidder forfeits their deposit.
- After the Court’s confirmation of sale, the successful bidder can take possession of the property.
- If the defendant in the mortgage foreclosure action occupies the property, and the new owner wishes to remove them, the new owner must obtain from the Courts a Writ of Assistance which will allow the Sheriff’s Office to remove the parties.
Click on the Sheriff Sale date to view the postings for that sale date.
If the sale is adjourned or cancelled, please contact the attorney for the lending institution for more information.
November 23 2022 - 5050 Caledonia Dr - Scott - Cancelled
November 23 2022 - 865 Cornelius Dr - Green Bay - Cancelled
November 23 2022 - 1655 Amy St - Green Bay- Cancelled
November 23 2022 - 1346 Mather St - Green Bay - Cancelled
December 14 2022 - 1796 Camarillo Ct - De Pere
January 11 2023 - 1123 Lime Kiln Rd - Green Bay
January 11 2023 - 1948 Debra Ln - Green Bay
January 11 2023 - 2750 Mayflower Rd - Bellevue
January 11 2023 - 524 11th Ave - Green Bay
January 11 2023 - 1165 Klaus St - Green Bay
January 11 2023 - 436 N Huron St - De Pere
January 11 2023 - 432 Abrams St - Green Bay
January 25 2023 - 324 Deschane Pl - Green Bay
January 25 2023 - 1346 Mather St - Green Bay
January 25 2023 - 1421 10th Ave - Green Bay
Completed Sheriff's Sales
2022 Sheriff Sales Completed
2021 Sheriff Sales Completed
2020 Sheriff Sales Completed
2019 Sheriff Sales Completed
2018 Sheriff Sales Completed
2017 Sheriff Sales Completed
|Contact:||Click here to email|