What is a Sheriff Sale?
- A public auction of property repossessed in the event of an unpaid obligation, and is generally done because a mortgage lender repossessed the property and will try to sell it.
- A sheriff sale may be held for properties seized to satisfy judgement liens or tax liens
- Sheriff Sales occur every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month-at the Sheriff's Office Target Room located inside the Investigative doors
- Bidders are required to have 10% of their bid in cash, or certified check at the time of the sale. (Certified checks involving Sheriff Sales are made payable to the Brown County Clerk of Courts.)
- The balance is due at the time of the confirmation hearing.
- The court has the final say in all sales.
- Opening bids are usually made by the plaintiff or their attorney.
- Once the opening bid is made, others are welcome to bid on the properties.
- The property will be awarded to the highest bidder.
- The amount of the deposit is 10% of the bid unless otherwise identified in the terms and conditions set forth in the Notice of Foreclosure Sale.
- A receipt for the deposit will be provided to the successful bidder.
- The Brown County Circuit Court will hold a Confirmation of Sale hearing at a later date.
- Successful bidders may contact the Clerk of Courts to determine when the Confirmation of Sale hearing date is scheduled and may also check the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (CCAP)
- If the court confirms the sale, the successful bidder must pay the balance of the bid within the specified time period set forth in the terms and conditions of the Notice of Foreclosure Sale (usually 10 days) or the successful bidder forfeits their deposit.
- After the Court’s confirmation of sale, the successful bidder can take possession of the property.
- If the defendant in the mortgage foreclosure action occupies the property, and the new owner wishes to remove them, the new owner must obtain from the Courts a Writ of Assistance which will allow the Sheriff’s Office to remove the parties.
Click on the Sheriff Sale date to view the postings for that sale date.
If the sale is adjourned or cancelled, please contact the attorney for the lending institution for more information.
June 14 2023 - 708 Bond St - Green Bay - Cancelled
June 28 2023 - 2609 Woodridge Ln - Green Bay
June 28 2023 - 1910 Harbor Lights Rd - Suamico
June 28 2023 - 1636 Eastman Ave - Green Bay
June 28 2023 - 865 Cornelius Dr - Green Bay
June 28 2023 - 1948 Debra Ln - Green Bay
July 12 2023 - 2610 Sumac Pl - Green Bay
July 12 2023 - 1323 Cook St - De Pere
July 26 2023 - 1360 Cormier Rd - Ashwaubenon
July 26 2023 - 2308 Crescent Sq - Suamico
July 26 2023 - 1239 Klaus St - Green Bay
July 26 2023 - 1744 Thirteenth Ave - Green Bay
July 26 2023 - 903 Chicago St - Green Bay
August 9 2023 - 228 S Platten St - Green Bay
Completed Sheriff's Sales
2023 Sheriff Sales Completed
2022 Sheriff Sales Completed
2021 Sheriff Sales Completed
2020 Sheriff Sales Completed
2019 Sheriff Sales Completed
2018 Sheriff Sales Completed
2017 Sheriff Sales Completed
|Contact:||Click here to email|