Support Services Division is led by Captain John Rousseau
This division's primary responsibility is to provide support to the men and women of the Brown County Sheriff's Office as well as the Circuit Court Judges operating out of The Brown County Courthouse.
Support Services includes:
- Civil Process Officers
- Courthouse Security Lieutenant
- Courthouse Security Deputies
- Courthouse Security Sergeants
- Civil Process and Records Staff
- Manage all departmental criminal traffic records
- Service of all writs, percepts, and orders which have been issued by lawful authorities
- Oversee the Records Management System and other electronic data systems
- Serve as the liaison between The Sheriff's Office and agencies such as The State Department of Justice, the county Public Safety Communications Division, the county's Technology Services Department and the county's Land Information Office
- Processes and serves hundreds of civil papers per year
- They also oversee and conduct several hundred Sheriff Sales on foreclosed properties per year
- Processes citations, arrests and incidents in both paper and electronic format
- Reports and transfers data to state and federal government entities.
Brown County Courthouse Security is led by Lieutenant Tim Bernklau. Lieutenant Bernklau attended college at Mount Senario, where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice Administration. He served in the US Navy from 1992 to 1996, where he completed two tours of duty in the Persian Gulf. After leaving the Navy, he began his law enforcement career with the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office in 1997 until he joined The Brown County Sheriff's Office in 2001. Lieutenant Bernklau has spent time as a Patrol Deputy, a Narcotics Investigator with the Drug Task Force, and as an Investigative Sergeant before his promotion to his current position as the Court Security Lieutenant with the Support Services Division. Lieutenant Bernklau is also The Dive Team Commander and served on the SWAT team for 10 years.
- Lieutenant Bernklau’ s duties include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the courthouse
- Overseeing Court Security Deputies
- Providing a secure environment for all Circuit Court Judges as well as the men and women who frequent the facility.
- Providing security for the Clerk of Courts office, which is located on the lower floor of the courthouse.
- Courthouse Security also provides transport for inmates from the jail to the courthouse complex for Circuit Court appearances.