The Public Safety Cadets (formerly the Explorers) is a nonprofit organization that aims to mentor, train and prepare young men and women between the ages of 14-21 for a career in Law Enforcement.
- The Brown County Sheriff's Cadet Program involves sworn deputies training and providing instruction about all aspects of the law enforcement field.
- Training includes such topics as:
- Traffic stop
- Domestic violence
- Crash investigation
- Burglary in progress
- Crime scene investigation
- Hostage negotiations
- First aid
- The training gives Brown County's youth a great opportunity to decide whether a career in law enforcement may be right for them.
- The Cadets attend several competitions that are held throughout the State each year.
- The Cadets also assist sworn deputies at community events.
This Brown County Sheriff's Cadet program is sponsored by:
If you have an interest in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please email Deputy Jessica Smith.
Email: Click here
To see additional pictures of the Cadets, Click here