August 29, 2022 - Corn Silage Whole-Plant Moisture Testing
The Kewaunee, Door, and Brown County UW Extension Offices are offering an opportunity to test corn intended for silage for moisture.
Testing is being offered at two locations:
|Door County Co-Op
6460 State Hwy 54/57
3:00pm - 5:00pm
*drop off only
|Rio Creek Feed Mill
715 Frontier Road
9:00am - 12:00pm
- Limit of 2 samples per farm, free of charge. Additional samples will be charged $15 per sample.
- 4-5 stalks, cut at normal chopping height, should be gathered, bundled and tagged with farm name, address, and phone number.
- Planting date, relative maturity, and hybrid must be included for each sample.
- Samples delivered the day before will not be tested.
- Nitrate testing is available for an additional $11 per sample.