November 11, 2019 - In Honor of Our Veterans
In recognition of our veterans' service and in honor of Veterans' Day, many local community organizations and businesses are offering free admission and discounts.
Here's a short list of activities scheduled for this week in honor of our veterans.
November 11 - Monday - Veterans' Day
- Chancellor’s Veteran Reception: 4 p.m. Nov. 11, Phoenix Rooms, University Union, UW-Green Bay. Guest speaker, music, refreshments, camaraderie.
- Duck Creek VFW Post 7534: Veterans Day breakfast, 8 a.m., Howard.
- Vietnam veterans all day vigil: Sunrise to sunset, the veterans memorial south of the Neville Public Museum, Green Bay.
- United Patriot Society Veterans Day program: 9:45 a.m. at the Neville Public Museum.
- Unity Hospice ceremonies: 10 a.m. at Renaissance Assisted Living, 250 S. Ninth St., De Pere. Thirteen veteran residents will be recognized. 2 p.m. for residents of Green Bay Health Service, 1640 Shawano Ave., Green Bay.
- Veteran Employment Workshop: 10 a.m.-noon Nov. 13, Alumni Room, University Union, UW-Green Bay.
- Green Bay Elks 259: Veterans Committee Soup for Vets, noon-2 p.m.
- Tribute to Veterans: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 14, University Union Circle Drive, UW-Green Bay. Military equipment and vehicle demo for campus.
- Veteran Brunch: 9-11 a.m. Nov. 15, Veteran Lounge, MAC Hall, Room 227, UW-Green Bay. Brunch for those veterans who work and use the Veteran Lounge.
The Center for Veterans Issues open house: 3-6 p.m., 210 W. Walnut St., Suite 202.
- Ashwaubenon Bowling Alley, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Nov. 11. Free bowling for up to 3 games.
- The Automobile Gallery, 400 S. Adams St., Green Bay. $2 off the adult rate. Free for active military.
- Brown County Rifle Range, 8 a.m.-3:45 p.m. Nov. 11, 2227 Brown Road, Suamico. All veterans and active duty military personnel receive a free gun and archery site-in.
- De Pere Cinema, 417 George St., De Pere. $1 off admission. (Inform staff that you are a veteran and would like to use your discount.)
- EAA Aviation Museum, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 9-11, EAA Aviation Museum, 3000 Poberezny Road, Oshkosh. Free admission for veterans and active duty military personnel. www.eaa.org/eaa-museum/eaa-museum-events/eaa-veterans-day
- Green Bay Packers, free admission for active military and veterans to Packers Hall of Fame, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 11; 25% discount at 1919 Kitchen & Tap, 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; 10% discount at Packers Pro Shop, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 11.
- National Railroad Museum, 2285 S. Broadway, Ashwaubenon. Free for active military or retired veterans. Half price for spouse and children. Free family admission for active military from Memorial Day through Veterans Day through Blue Star Museums.
- Neville Public Museum, 210 Museum Place, Green Bay. Free admission for active duty or retired veterans. Half-price admission for spouse and/or child.
- NEW Zoo, 4418 Reforestation Road, Suamico. All active duty military, veterans and their immediate family will receive free admission to the zoo from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 11.
- Packers Heritage Trail Trolley Tours. Active and retired military personnel can receive $4 off any of the tours for you and members of your travelling party. Contact Packers Heritage tours directly or purchase tickets at the trolley stand, and present military ID. Not redeemable on purchases made through Ticket Star. Go to website, www.packersheritagetrail.com, for more details.
- Segway the Fox Tours, 10% off any Segway tour in Green Bay or Door County