August 24, 2021 - Virtual and In Person Field Trips Free of Charge During the 2021-2022 School Year!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Virtual and In Person Field Trips free of charge during the 2021-2022 school year!
Green Bay, WI—August 24, 2021— We are pleased to announce that thanks to generous gifts to the Neville Public Museum Foundation, school groups can participate in virtual and in person field trips free of charge during the 2021-2022 school year with the Neville Public Museum.
What is a Virtual Field Trip?
- A 30–45-minute live stream from the exhibit gallery of your choice
- Your tour guide will share the stories behind some of our most interesting artifacts
- We can use any platform (Google Meet, Zoom, Teams, WebEx, Skype, etc) that is convenient for you and your students
- We will set up a brief technology test a few days before your program to work out any issues.
- The Natural World: A walk through the museum’s newly completed Generations Gallery with a focus on how animals survived in various habitats and how people have utilized our region’s natural resources.
- Fur Trade to Fort Howard: The arrival of European and then American traders and settlers changed life in the Green Bay area tremendously in the 200 years between 1700 and 1900. Explore the foundations of our community from multiple perspectives.
- Dirty Jobs: A look at some of the jobs and industries that were common to our region in the 1800s and early 1900s, and how technology created, eliminated, or changed how people made a living.
- What…Is That Thing?: A lighthearted look at some of the strangest, weirdest, and most confusing artifacts in our new Generations Gallery.
- Spectacular Science: See the highlights of our new exhibit, Spectacular Science! This four-part exhibit focuses on the museum's collection of taxidermy birds, how germs infect our bodies and have affected humans throughout history, the importance of bees as pollinators and honey producers, and the science and artistry of engineering.
For more information on in person field trips, please visit https://www.nevillepublicmuseum.org/education/school-and-youth-tours/
Beth A. Kowalski Lemke • Executive Director
210 Museum Place • Green Bay, WI 54303
Bridging Communities • Connecting Generations
Click here for PDF »