Case managers provide support and assistance in accessing community services. They generally do not provide mental health therapy, but will assist consumers with referrals as needed. Services are provided to consumers on both a voluntary and court-mandated basis. Case managers and adult consumers with mental illness work together to develop a treatment plan that best meets their mental health needs.
Services Provided by Case Managers Include:
- Working with consumers to develop a treatment plan
- Coordinating appointments and psychiatric care
- Assisting in accessing psychiatric medications
- Developing plans and support to address crisis situations
- Monitoring cooperation with court-ordered treatment (as needed)
Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) is a community based rehabilitation program that provides consumer centered and directed psychosocial services that promote recovery. Click here to learn more about case management services provided through CCS.