« Back

Child Abuse Referral/Report

For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, please call 911 to request police, fire, and/or ambulance to respond.

For other suspected cases of abuse, neglect or situations of being at-risk, please call 920.448.6035. We cannot protect children unless situations are brought to our attention. Our Health & Human Services Department staff will make follow-up decisions on the situation's seriousness and whether to open an investigation.

When you call, a Social Worker will take your report and ask for the following information — you do not need to have all of the information to report abuse and neglect. Even if you don't know all the answers, please do not hesitate to report; these are a guide to prepare you for what will be asked.Your information as a reporter remains confidential, and you have the option to be anonymous.

The Child Protection Services ACCESS report/referral line is open Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. Walk-in report/referrals can be made at 111 N. Jefferson Street; Green Bay, WI 54301 Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. After these hours, on weekends and holidays, please contact your local police department.

What is the definition of Child Abuse and Neglect?
Child Abuse is the physical, sexual, or emotional maltreatment of a child by a parent, family member, other caregiver, or non-caregiver. Emotional abuse is defined as emotional damage for which the child's parent, guardian or legal custodian has neglected, refused or been unable, for reasons other than poverty, to obtain the necessary treatment or to take steps to ameliorate the symptoms.

Physical abuse is the physical injury inflicted on a child by other than accidental means. Physical injury includes, but is not limited to, lacerations, fractured bones, burns, internal injuries, severe or frequent bruising or great bodily harm as defined under Wisconsin statute s.939.22(14). Child Neglect is the failure, refusal or inability on the part of the parent, guardian, legal custodian or other person exercising temporary or permanent control over a child, for reasons other than poverty, to provide necessary care, food, clothing, medical or dental care or shelter so as to seriously endanger the physical health of the child.

Contact:  Child Protection Services ACCESS
Phone: 920.448.6035