Energy Assistance (WHEAP)
Heating and Electric Assistance
Administered by the State of Wisconsin Home Energy Plus Program, the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) provides assistance for heating costs, electric costs, and energy crisis situations. WHEAP assistance is a one-time payment during the heating season (October 1 – May 15).
Most types of fuel are eligible to receive assistance. Whether you use wood, propane, natural gas, electricity, or fuel oil to heat your home, energy assistance is available if you qualify.
A household may be eligible for crisis assistance if you have no heat, have received a disconnect notice, or are nearly out of fuel and do not have the money to purchase more.
WHEAP emergency heating system assistance can provide services to eligible home owners if the furnace or boiler stops operating. Contact your local agency immediately if you are experiencing a no heat situation.
For more information, visit www.homeenergyplus.wi.gov/
How to Apply
Applications are available in various formats:
1. You can complete an online application at https://energybenefit.wi.gov
2. You can download a cover letter, application and verification checklist in English:
3. You can download a cover letter, application and verification checklist in Spanish:
4. Paper applications are available: Due to COVID-19, please contact the agency to see if it is open to the public.
- Brown County Health & Human Services, Economic Support Unit, Sophie Beaumont Building, 111 N Jefferson St, 2nd floor, Green Bay, WI 54301 — Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC), 300 S. Adams St, Green Bay, WI 54301 — Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
- The Salvation Army, 626 Union Ct, Green Bay, WI 54303 — Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:30pm
- St. Vincent de Paul, 920 Weise Street, Green Bay, WI 54302— Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 3:00pm
5. You may contact our reception desk at 920.448.6460 or via email (Energy.Assistance@browncountywi.gov) to request an application be mailed to you or to schedule a phone appointment.
|Contact:||Bay Lake Consortium
Click here to email
|Address:||111 N. Jefferson St
Green Bay, WI 54301