In the State of Wisconsin certain laws, commonly referred to as the Open Records Laws, exist to ensure that government is open and transparent by, among other methods, affording the public a right to access appropriate records and information possessed by county, as well as other agencies of, government. Notwithstanding, , there are multiple exceptions to the public's right to access said records and information possessed by the County pursuant to both state and federal law, which includes protecting the privacy of individuals.
Please be advised that information collected at this site becomes public record and may be subject to inspection and copying by the public, unless one of the aforementioned exceptions under state or federal law exists. Consequently, during your visit to co.brown.wi.us, information that is not readily identifiable to an individual, and thus potentially subject to the above-referenced privacy exception, is automatically collected and stored. This information is used solely to improve Brown County's web services for the benefit of the public.
Information Collected and How It is Used
If you do nothing during your visit to co.brown.wi.us but browse or download information, we automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used but not the email address. The Internet Protocol Address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol Address to direct Internet traffic to you;
- The type of browser and operating system you used and your connection speed;
- The date and time you visited this site;
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site; and
- The web site you visited prior to coming to this web site.
If during your visit to co.brown.wi.us, however, you voluntarily participate in a survey or send an email, the following additional information will be collected and/or stored:
- E-mail correspondence: The e-mail address utilized to send said email as well as the contents thereof; and
- Surveys: Any information you volunteered in response to a survey.
Please note that the aforementioned information that we collect and/or store is not limited to just text characters, but may include audio, video, and/or graphic information formats you send us. As with all of the information collected and/or stored pursuant to this Privacy Notice, this information is retained in accordance with Wisconsin's Open Records Laws, SS 19.31-19.39 and any other governing federal, state or local laws.
At Brown County, we strive to protect the personably identifiable information of our Internet users by collecting only information necessary to deliver our services. However, as previously set forth herein, under Wisconsin's Open Records Laws, as well as any other applicable state and/or federal laws, all information collected at this site becomes public record that may be subject to inspections and copying by the public, unless an exemption under said laws applies so as to preclude disclosure thereof. .
In the event of a conflict between this Privacy Notice and the Wisconsin Open Records Law or other laws governing the disclosure of records, the Wisconsin Open Records Law or other applicable laws will control.
co.brown.wi.us Contact Information
To offer comments about co.brown.wi.us or to comment about the information presented in this Privacy Notice, please use our feedback form.